What data is stored electronically:
- The personal data we collect and stored electronically will be used for your healthcare. We communicate to other healthcare professionals and organisations about you, for example your GP, nursing professionals, other hospitals and consultants, pharmacists, specialist nursing care, the NHS, private medical insurers (PMI) and lawyers if required. Collection of health data is specified as a special category. Communications with the legal profession, PMI and the police will require your written permission. There is a legal obligation to keep your medical records for a certain period of time as defined by the Department of Health (currently seven years).
- The legal basis for collecting and processing your personal data is due to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) privacy procedure clause 4.2 doc 2.1.
- By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposed identified. Consent is required for Mr Bilal Alkhaffaf to process personal data, but it be explicitly given. Where we are asking for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
- You may withdraw consent at any time in line with Withdrawal of Consent Procedure GDPR Doc2.7A
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST:
As a patient of Mr Bilal Alkhaffaf you have the right to invoke your individual right to make a subject access request (SAR) . If you wish to make a SAR, we will provide:
- Confirmation of the type of data we have
- A copy of personal data that Mr Bilal Alkhaffaf holds on you
- Any other information Mr Bilal Alkhaffaf has that has been passed on to third parties ie letters/copies of scans or reports
We will require proof of identify in order to complete this request. You will need to provide a copy of photo ID along with proof of address in the form of a current utility bill or bank statement. We will respond to your request within one month of receipt. This request is free of charge. If you wish to make a request then please do so in writing to:
Mr B Alkhaffaf
Consultant General Surgeon
BMI The Alexandra Hospital
Mill Lane Cheadle